CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

English Posts: No.1

Hello, this is the first of the series of five posts by which I do my English assignment. However, if you had been following my blog, this would have been the fourth post of five required to do. Firstly, I send my many "thanks" to my english teacher, Mrs. Rama for just telling us the news just when a lot of us were almost done, struggling to get the job done by tomorrow, the first deadline. Now, the deadline's been pushed back, we can relax a little. Anyway, I shall proceed with my first English post.

Today, I started my day by falling out of bed. "Great, will there be better things to come?" I sarcastically asked myself. I sluggishly made my way to the toilet and prepare for yet another day at school. half an hour later, I was out of my house door and on my way to school. As several other school students walked past, my mind began to drift off until I heard a loud "Bang!" and people screaming. I looked ahead and saw an accident scene straight out of 'Crimewatch'. A car bumper was completely crushed in and a few meters away, a lorry's tailights were cracked. Some passers-by gawked, others whipped out their camera phones and began snapping away, most though, just stood rooted to the ground. Not me. Some people, including myself, helped the driver of the car and his two schoolchildren out of the car. Thankfully, no one was hurt but the driver of the car was shell-shocked and hugging his children very tightly. The children,who were toddlers, meanwhile, somehow remained calm throughout the incident and did wail or panic. Fortunately, there was no driver in the lorry or the driver might have gotten whiplash and hurt him/herself. Though I helped ease the driver to the nearby pavement, he did not ask me anything about myself though I hold nothing against it. The man had almost died with his two kids and was probably too shocked to do anything. By then, people just bypassed the wreck, glanced at the driver and walked past onto the train station, continuing with their daily lives. I too had to get a move on or I might be late for school that day but I silently prayed that nothing would happen to the man and his two innocent kids. I left the scene quietly before the authorities arrived and continued on my journey to school a refreshed teen. After the incident, I thought "How could the man have crashed the car? The road is pretty big. Was he distracted by the children?" In the end, I came to the conclusion that while trying to calm the children over a minor incident, he couldn't see the lorry since the sun had not risen yet and he probably was not facing the road. Either way, I felt good to have helped someone and though there was no reward in the end, I thought the initiative to rise and help a fallen man was good enough a reward for me. "This is true Victorian spirit" I said to myself as the unusual day passed on.

0 comments: